- Conversational AI Blog
- 4 Minutes
- January 30, 2020
Why B2C Companies are embracing AI-based Customer Service
Customers across the globe prefer immediate resolution to their queries. However, pleasing customers is no cakewalk, even for the top Fortune 500 companies. According to a recent Zendesk study, as much as 42% of B2C customers showed more interest in purchasing after experiencing good customer service. The same study also mentioned that 52% of them stopped purchasing due to a single disappointing customer support interaction.
Research & data suggest that often agents handling calls are strongly bound by processes that may or may not lead to fast/appropriate resolutions for the customer. So even though agents have all the tools at their disposal, they take a while to resolve each query leading to customer dissatisfaction. Developments in artificial intelligence (AI) based support can help bridge this gap. In recent times, AI-powered products like Agara.ai have redefined the norms in the customer support industry. Adding a layer of artificial intelligence to a conventional CRM system not only makes customers’ lives easier but also allows customer support agents to focus on the more complex queries by automating the routine tasks.
Interestingly, according to a recent study by Oracle, 78% of brands say they have already implemented or are planning to implement artificial intelligence and virtual reality by 2020 to better serve customers.
As per a Gartner study, by 2019, most companies would compete over the customer experience (CX). With CX taking center stage, most forward-looking companies have moved towards providing automated & strategic customer support. Let us look at some of the clear benefits of deploying advanced automation integration like Agara to customer support operations.
- It significantly improves customer experience: It’s observed that most queries received by an enterprise are repetitive in nature, yet often customers prefer speaking to a human agent for faster resolution. However, agents have limited time and must multi-task to resolve every single query. Automating these repeat queries using autonomous or semi-autonomous AI improves customer experience, speeds up query resolutions, reduces holding time and creates a much more consistent experience each time they call.
- Human-like Real-time Voice AI ensures there is always someone to hear the customer 24*7*365: Whenever a B2C company experiences a spike in customer calls due to unforeseen circumstances, it’s very helpful to have automated yet intelligent support ready to be given to hundreds of panicky customers. Consider the case of canceled or delayed flights due to a weather disturbance, with customers calling in repeatedly to check the status of flights over & over. Now imagine, if you could automate these calls with human-like responses so that when thousands are calling, each call is heard and resolved in record time. This support is available 24 hours a day, all year long, across countries, sparing agents the hassle of clocking in overtime, having to answer the same questions.
- Improved operational efficiency: Imagine if each of your agents had a virtual assistant to help in performing mundane tasks such as filling up customer information & writing a call summary at the end of each call. Agara listens in deeply and auto-fills all the crucial data from the customer calls such as name, phone number, address, etc, it then fills up the fields automatically, so that the agent can focus better on helping out the customer. It also summarises each call in the end, saving the agent time & effort.
- Predictions & insights: Using deep learning and NLP (Natural Language Processing), Agara suggests or predicts the most appropriate next best action to be taken during a call. An agent need not memorize the company’s standard call operating procedure in solving queries, as he or she would be prompted regularly by Agara about the next steps. Whether new or seasoned, agents are always up to speed on the actions to be taken for a particular type of customer query.
- Smart & accurate assistance: Here’s where Agara like solutions have an edge over ‘chatbots’. It’s not merely a repetitive & redundant bot that deflects the customer, it’s an intelligent assistant to your customer support agent. It does much more than just follow a strict workflow or commands, or throw up the same, standard answers for different questions.
AI-assisted conversations also help in making Agent’s life happier, simpler and more productive: For Instance, during a phone call, Agara performs these functions in the background:
- Listens to the call in real-time, and NLP helps identify customer issues
- Pulls up relevant knowledge articles to help the agent refer to useful information & provide the best solution, during an ongoing call.
- Suggests the agent to request for the most crucial data needed from the customer to take the call forward, and once done, it prompts the agent to with the most suitable resolution.
AI-powered customer support is bound to see exponential growth as sophisticated enterprises turn to the use of artificial intelligence in delivering faster, better and consistent support experience across geographies and product lines. It is just a matter of time when we would see the adoption of newer technologies for an enhanced business to consumer communications across devices, 24/7 and 365 days. An interesting space to watch will be the use of real-time voice AI in delivering highly personalized and human-like conversations.
10 must-have Shopify apps to set-up your ecommerce store
Here are the top ten and most outstanding Shopify Apps for your eCommerce Store that are a must-have while setting-up or improving your ecommerce store's performance.
How to boost your Shopify conversion rate?
Every Shopify business works earnestly, striving hard to find more ways to drive more traffic. Agara has successfully unlocked the ways to boost Shopify conversion rate and grow business.
The 10-Step Guide to Scaling Customer Support — with Conversational AI
There has been an acceleration in global deployments of conversational AI solutions post-pandemic, especially in the financial, hospitality, and retail sectors, to manage unexpected customer engagements, provide consistent information, drive efficiency, and maintain business continuity.